Friday, July 22, 2011

Celebrating A New Release In Zenobia Renquist's Caveat Emptor Series

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog we are celebrating the release of PROVOKED LOVER, book three in Zenobia Renquist's (aka D. Renee Bagby) Caveat Emptor Series.

Renee is a military brat turned military wife who is currently stationed in MD with her husband and two cats.

Whether writing as D. Renee Bagby or Zenobia Renquist, she is a world-builder. She loves inventing new cultures and shaping their histories and laws because it beats researching the existing ones.

Her stories span the fantasy gamut but she dabbles in sci-fi and contemporary from time to time. While her main characters tend to be of different races, she doesn't let skin color rule or limit her stories. For her, it's all about how much she can torture her characters so they earn their happily-ever-after ending.

The rules are all new and pre-conceived notions will only slow you down, so when reading Renee's stories, she asks only one thing -- Leave Your Reality Behind.

WEBSITE   ***   TWITTER *** BLOG *** FACEBOOK *** NEWSLETTER


PROVOKED LOVER - Caveat Emptor Book Three by Zenobia Renquist


After an attack leaves Theron's allies scattered, Sicily finds herself in the care of Lamon, a vampire who looks like he would rather kill her than protect her.

The unlikely pair must become very close -- sexual energy is necessary to disrupt the spell the mages are using to track Sicily.

Emotions become confused as their bodies entwine. Sicily finds herself falling for a man she can't have... or can she?

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave Zenobia a question today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for a copy of any of her Changeling Press ebooks!! Please leave your email address and which of her books you'd like to win so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

16 comments:

  1. Good Morning and Happy Release Day Zenobia!

    This new series of yours is fantastic and is getting some great reviews - can you tell us a bit more about the series and how the books fit together?

    How many books do you plan for this series?

    I hope the new book is your biggest seller yet and enjoy your very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new release. Which comes first the title or the story? Do you ever have a hard time deciding on a title?

    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning DeNita!

    I'm loving the reaction everyone is having to the Caveat Emptor series. I'm also loving writing it. :D

    The series will have seven books in total. The first three are now published. Four and five are written and turned in to my editor. Six and seven are in the writing queue, but won't be out until 2012.

    The books are like dominoes. They fall one right after the other. While you can read them as stand alone titles, the events of the previous book are only mentioned briefly in the next book.

    The books are written as couplets. The first two are about Ryver and Theron. The second two are about Sicily and Lamon. The third set is about... well, you'll have to wait and see about that. :P

    The last book is about all three couples and the conclusion of the overall plot of the series.

    ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hi Sherry!

    For this series, the titles definitely came first. I wanted all of the books to have "Lover" in the title. I also wanted all of the titles to be two words and the first word had to be past tense.

    Of course, for the title to fit, I had to know what the stories would be about. I had a brief idea of how the books would flow, but I didn't start writing them until I had the titles set in my mind.

    ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zenobia,
    I wanted to say I enjoyed meeting you in Ohio at Lori Foster's! I do have a couple of questions.

    When your building your character do you already have him or her in mind? Do you build them around there name's? Or does the character come first and than the names for the character?

    Also what requirements do you do to have the covers designed on your books?

    Teresa K.
    tcwgrlup41(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new release. Have you ever started writing a story and then have it take an unexpected turn?
    mom1248(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your latest release! How do you keep all the different characters and events separate? Especially over 7 books?

    smaccall AT comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. the excerpt was great and the book sounds wonderful. i can't wait to read it.
    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa - Hi and thanks for coming out. It was fun meeting you to. I hope to make it out to Lori Foster's Get Together in 2012 as well.

    I usually have a rough idea of how my characters will look and act once I start writing them. Sometimes the characterization of the character develops as I'm writing.

    Sometimes the names come first and sometimes the characters come first. If the name isn't a pivotal part of the book, I'll write an entire story using placeholders that I can find-and-replace once I find a name I like.

    For the covers, I usually try to find pictures of couples in a position I like as well as models who look close to my characters so the cover artists can use that to render the covers.

    ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. - Patsy - Thanks for the congrats. And yes! Most of the time, I will have no clue where the story is going until after I start writing it. Sometimes I will want a story to go one way but the characters won't obey. Since the characters drive the book, I have to go where they tell me. :P

    ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bookwyrm - Thanks for the congrats.

    I actually didn't know I would be writing this series. Charmed Lover was supposed to be a stand alone novella but my muse wouldn't let me leave it there. Suddenly I had a series on my hands.

    I very briefly outlined each story as I wanted it to happen and how the characters would interact. I even started some of the later books so any overlapping scenes would be worked out fully.

    This is my first series. I wouldn't mind doing another. Though I'm not sure if it'll be this long again.

    ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tammy - Thanks so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, this sounds like an exciting series, Zenobia! I need to get caught up :) I do love connected stories; this sounds like a great set! Are you focusing on writing this series, or do you write more than one book at a time? Hope you're enjoying the celebrating!

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. flchen - Thanks for stopping by.

    I do work on several stories at one time. Whichever story is talking to me is the one that gets my attention. Though having a deadline helps as well. :P

    ~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Zenobia.

    I look forward in reading Provoked Lover; it sounds grat. I love the cover, too.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new release Zenobia! Sounds like a very intriguing story. The cover doesn't look too bad either. ;) How many books are going to be in this series (this one says #3) and do you have to read them in order?

    jessangil at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete