Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Celebrating Lizzie T. Leaf's New Christmas Romance

Today we're celebrating the release of a new Historical Christmas Romance by Lizzie T. Leaf, MAKING CHRISTMAS.

Lizzie is known for her 'humor with heat'. She has numerous e-books in varying lengths and her print book, Struck by Lightning, won the 2007 Beacon award for Erotic Romance and tied for Best First Novel, in addition to being a finalist in Author Island's Reader's Choice Award and Colorado Romance Writer's Award of Excellence. Her Novella, Dead Faint was a 2008 Nominee for Best Vampire at Love Romances Cafe.

Since discovering the fun of writing paranormal, she plays with creating vampires, faeries and other immortals. Currently she is working on a full length paranormal novel set in Scotland that brings in Celtic folklore and a couple of 'godly' realms. Mix them together and there will be laughs for sure and an agent has requested a look at this one.

When not chained to the computer keyboard, Lizzie enjoys time with her family, reading other authors and traveling with her husband.

Check out Lizzie's website, Join her newsletter and in addition to the newsletter, share in the fun events that take place there from time to time. Become Lizzie's friend at My Space and follow her at Facebook. And don't forget to check out her new blog!


MAKING CHRISTMAS by Lizzie T Leaf

When a Civil War doctor keeps the secret of a woman he puts them both at risk in this holiday romance.

Wounded in a skirmish, Callie Marsh's disguise as a Confederate soldier is discovered by the doctor who treats her. Working with him in the hospital she learns no matter what color uniform a soldier wears, they all miss family during the holidays. And that an enemy doctor can be the man of her dreams.

Dr. Tom Kent knows the safest place for the woman is working by his side. Their constant interaction has him wanting more than is smart considering their division of philosophy. His determination to keep her safe is hindered by Major Henry Ash's decision the young prisoner would make an excellent aide could put her in danger of discovery.

Will Callie be able to set aside her dislike of Yankees to make Christmas for the enemy and especially for the man she's come to love?

BUY THE BOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT


WIN - Leave Lizzie a question about her new book today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for a beautiful pair of earrings in a pretty jewelry bag. Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

26 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie!!!

    Congrats on the new release - it sounds great and I can't wait to read it!

    How did the idea for this book come along and why use the Civil War as your setting?

    Hope the new book is a huge seller for you and I'm heading over to read the excerpt now!

    Have fun and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lizzie! Happy Holidays! I am a Southerner who loves Civil War romances, and "Making Christmas" sounds wonderful : ) What is your favorite fiction genre? What is your favorite era in which to set one of your stories?

    US Resident, GFC Follower, Subscriber

    gcwhiskas at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new release. Do you enjoy reading holiday stories only at the holidays or do you read them the year round like I do?

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denita, thank you for having me today!

    Virginia, I am fasinated by the Civil War era. But most of my work is set in current times, even the paranormal which is a fun genre to write. Next year I'm venturing into mainstream with a new book as well as the 2nd in the Magical Love series. Beyond Magic, the first in that series releases in January.

    Linda -- I read holiday stories year round. When I have time, I read...start my day with the cereal box and end it falling to sleep with my Kindle or a print book. In between, it's work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your newest release, Lizzie!
    what was it like to write a book taking place in another time? I could imagine that the switch from current times to the Civil War era isn't that easy, is it?
    wish you all the best, Ina

    inale87 at gmx dot at

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lizzie!!!

    Great to see you here.

    How are you? Tree up? Presents bought? Cookies baked? Hehe!!!

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and loads of success in the New Year.

    Valerie
    valb0302@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lizzie! I love the sounds of your story! I haven't read too many set in the Civil War era but look forward to yours. Is it a stand-alone, or might you have more stories to tell in this time period?

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizzie.
    Congrats on your new release! It sounds fantastic!
    Where does this story take place?

    chey127 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are there any historical figures that inspired you to write this story?

    lenikaye@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love historical romance stories! Oh, and that heated kiss....I want to read more!

    My question is... what is the most unique (funny, hearwarming, sad, scary, etc.) experience, in person or by mail/email, you had with a fan?

    kammie2u at ameritech dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love historical romance.

    What authors do you like to read?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot my email.

    kissinoak at frontier dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new release, sounds like a wonderful read. I love reading Civil War stories, my favorite time period. Please enter me.

    lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new release sounds great! This is one of my favorite time periods so it gives me even more reason to put your book on my wish list.

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the new release. Which genres do you write? Do you ever start writing a story and as it develops change genres?

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on what looks like a fabulous read.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ina, Yes making the switch between the way we talk to today and back there was challenging. Also, had to do lots of research on the historical aspect and that continued throughout the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too, Valerie. Yep, all that stuff is done. Actually, pretty much all the family celebration is over since this is the year members go out of town to the other side. Christmas Day will be just the Honey and me...nice and quiet. After this past week, sounds like a bit of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi flechen1, Thanks for your question. At the moment Making Christmas is a stand alone. But the one thing I've learned is...never say never to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chey, the story takes place in Georgia during Sherman's march to the sea...late 1864.

    Leni, I've always enjoyed studying the Civil War era...must be the southern thing since I grew up in NC and that period can still be an active conversation in some areas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting question, Kammie. I love hearing from fans and when I'm having a down day, getting an email from someone saying they enjoyed one of my books can turn things around.

    As for scary, I did have someone (a guy) who made me a bit nervous from some of the direct messages he sent on a social site. At first he was 'hi, like your work' then started getting strange. I ended up blocking him and so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Estella, I enjoy Diana Gabaldon and Melissa Mayhue, though technically they aren't historical, but love their Scottish settings when the characters travel back in time. Julia Quinn is great and I have a stack of new authors to read.

    Not romance, but James Michener is on my list and of course there's always Gone with the Wind...top of any list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Sherry. I write paranormal romance (with some spice) and contemporary erotic romance. In 2011 I will tackle my first mainstream with a YA twist and because of the YA possibility, it will be under a yet to be determined name.

    I've only have one book that will switch genres. My first dive into the writing world was a contemporary romance that a computer crash lost half of. The revision and rewrites will move it into the paranormal/fantasy realm. Plus lots of changes to what didn't get lost...learned a lot since the first effort!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I DO love Christmas stories or stories based around Christmas.

    this sounds like a great read; congrats Lizzie.

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete