Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Fun New Comedy From Patricia Perry

Today we're celebrating the new release of OLD GOOSEBERRY'S DILEMMA, a comedy from fantasy author Patricia Perry!

Patricia Perry was born in Germany and moved to the United States as a child. She lived in East Hartford, CT for several years before moveing to Enfield, CT. She graduated from Enrico Fermi High School in Enfield then attended classes at Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT, where she received a degree in biology. Ms Perry has been working as a Seafood Inspector for the federal government for many years. Her work travels have taken her from Maine to Virginia and out to Indianapolis; from Bremerhaven, Germany to the Canary Islands. She is an avid football and baseball fan and volunteers at local animal shelters. She currently lives and works in southeastern Massachusetts.

Patricia is a member of Authors Without Borders, a consortium of award-winning and award-nominated local authors that provide a number of services to help aspiring writers.
OLD GOOSEBERRY'S DILEMMA - A new comedy from fantasy author Patricia Perry

The Devil strikes a bargain with God to keep two misfit brothers out of Hell; unfortunately the arduous task is more than even the Prince of Darkness can handle.

Unwilling to allow two rowdy brothers and their crazy acquaintances into Hell where he fears they may take over, the Devil strikes a bargain with God - keep the brothers out of trouble for three days and He'll consider letting them into Heaven.

The Prince of Darkness quickly realizes that trying to protect the raucous Dean Brothers is an arduous task as the brothers unwittingly lead Lucifer into their world where bar fights, free money and casual relationships are the norm.

Assigned by God to keep an eye on the goings-on, the Archangel Michael cannot help but be amused at Old Gooseberry's dogged determination to keep the Dean's out of his realm.

Autographed copies are available on Patricia Perry's Website.

BUY THE BOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave a question today for Patricia Perry at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for an autographed copy of her new book! Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good luck!


14 comments:

  1. Hey there Pat!!! Super congrats on the new release - it sounds like a real hoot!

    Where in the world did you come up with the idea for this book? And any chance we'll see the Dean Brothers again?

    I can't wait to read it...I mean who can't use a good laugh at this stressful time of year?

    Hope the book does really well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new release!
    This sounds like a very funny read.

    Which teams are your favorites in football and baseball?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot my email.

    kissinoak at frontier dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I love the title. I am intrigued. It says you must read this.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a fun read and I can't wait to read it. I love to read a book that makes me laugh out loud. Congratulations on your new book.

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Congrats on the new release.
    Hmmm...well Dean brothers? Not related to me, I hope! LOL!

    But it sure sounds a hilarious read.

    nas_dean@ ymail. com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new release. Where does the term Old Gooseberry for Lucifer come from? I've never heard of Lucifer refered to as Old Gooseberry?

    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like my kind of book.

    I love fantasy, I love comedy, one of my fav writers is Terry Pratchett.

    Now, do you have any memories of Germany??

    Valerie
    in Potsdam
    Germany

    valb0302@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much DeNita for featuring Old Gooseberry's Dilemma and thanks to everyone for the congratulations!
    I had a blast writing this story! It's been several years since I wrote it and I finally got it into print a few weeks back. You'd be surprised what sort of inspiration you get when you just sit back and let the most outrageous thought take shape in your mind!
    As to there being a sequel? Yes, but it will be incorporated in a book of short stories I've been working on.

    Estella: My favorite teams are the Patriots and Red Sox. I can't wait to see what happens during the upcoming playoffs and what the Sox do to build up the team.

    Marybelle: this is indeed a must read! It's about 94 pages long and filled with the Devil's almost futile attempts to keep the Dean Brothers out of trouble.

    Sherry: This is funny- the story is kind of an odd "buddy" tale with the Archangel Michael and the Devil as the "buddies".

    Nas: No- you are not "related" to these two! The Deans would, however, be most amusing at family gatherings!

    Anne: I looked up other terms for the Devil and found Old Gooseberry and Old Scratch- archaic terms that sounded funny to me.

    Valerie: I travel to Germany every two years or so and stay with my family. They live in the Munich area. This year my college friend and her husband also came then we spent about nine days in Italy with his family!

    I'm still at work so I'll check in to answer any questions you might have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the release of your book! Great concept and it sounds like fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a fun read. I must add it to my TBB list.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dto com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen and Tracey!
    Thanks for stopping by! I'm sure you'll have a blast with this read!


    The first person to answer this question correctly will get a signed copy of Old Gooseberry's Dilemma.
    Here's the question:

    My book trailer is from which novel?

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't sure if I was to put the answer here or what. The book trailer is The Edge of Darkness.

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sherry,
    You are correct and have won an autographed copy of Old Gooseberry's Dilemma! Thanks so much for participating! I'll e-mail you tomorow.
    Congrats!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete